DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE:
- 30 Classroom Sessions
- 12 Hrs of Driving
- 6 Hrs of Observation
- 2 Hr Parent Class Has to be done Before First Driving Hour
- $65 for a missed in-car lesson where 24 hours notice was not given. 24 hours notice is required for Tuesday –Saturday drive times. Sunday, Monday, and holiday drive times must be cancelled the previous business day. Drive lessons will start promptly at the scheduled time. Students not present when the drive time starts will miss their drive time and be charged this fee.
- $30.00 for returned checks.
- Replacement time card $50
- $40 Driver Education Certificate fee paid at Parent Class (This is an RMV charge to process the driver education certificate)
- $40 for copies of Parent class or classroom completion letters.
Student Parent Responsibilities
- Each parent has the responsibility to refrain from interfering with the instruction, classroom, or driving, by texting or calling a student unless it is an emergency.
- Each parent has the responsibility to take an active role in his or her child's driver education by monitoring all progress, communicating with the driving school, and/or instructor, and practicing with their student driver if they have a learner's permit.
- Each parent and student has the responsibility to attempt to alert the owner or Manager of the driving school of any problems or complaints before contacting the RMV.
- Each parent has a responsibility to drive with their child for additional 40 hours prior to a road test
- Driving hours cannot be finished until all the classes have been completed.
- 30 Classroom Sessions
DRIVER'S EDUCATION COURSE
1. Classroom instructions ( 30 hrs) should be completed in 6 months max. CLASSES ARE DONE ON ONLINE UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE
Attendance is a mandatory! Students will not be issued a certificate if any classes are outstanding. FOR ZOOM CAMERAS HAVE TO BE ON AND STUDENT NEEDS TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS
The specific class that is missed must be made up. Classes are numbered 1-15. If a student shows up at a class that they have done before they will not receive credit for attendance. Final Test (Class #15) will only be allowed when all of other 14 classes are completed.
If a Student does the class only with Yarmouth Driving School the cost will be $300 for classes that will include a Parent Class and there is $40 cert fee to issue a cert.
If a Student does the whole course, cert fee and parent class will be included In a Full price
- Driving Manual Needs to be Downloaded to computer
- Pass periodic quizzes given at the teacher's discretion.
- Students signing in to Zoom will be considered absent and thy need to make up a class. CAMERA MUST BE ON THE WHOLE TIME OF A CLASS
- Students must satisfactorily complete and pass the class requirements of their class instructor. A grade of 80% to pass a course
PARENT CLASS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE FIRST DRIVING HOUR PER RMV POLICY ( Parent class is done online through Zoom)
Parent Class needs to be completed before a first driving hour. IF a student is over 18 when they started a course, parent class is not required.
Your original PRINTED Learner's Permit is required for all driving and observation lessons, and it must be in the student's posession when entering the car. If a student does not have their Printed Learner's Permit, the lesson will be forfeited, and a $65 fee will be charged. This fee must be paid immediately as it prevents the student to schedule future lessons. Digital permits are not permitted.
All of our vehicles are equipped with Dash Cameras. For Safety of our Students and Instructors
SCHEDULING DRIVING HOURS ONLINE AT OUR WEBSITE THROUGH STUDENT PORTAL
Scheduling Policy: Scheduling can be done three days apart. Once first lesson is completed, student will need to wait 24 hours for it to clear to schedule another appointment. Student must be available to be in the car for two hours (one hour of driving and one hour of observation) for the first six lessons. Observation hours will only appear on the time card.
Transfer students from other driving schools will need to follow the same rules as YDS full course students.
The school reserves the right to reschedule a lesson (including classroom instruction) or to make available to the student an alternate instructor or car in the event of inclement weather, unavailability of an instructor, or any other factor beyond the control of Yarmouth Driving School.
YDS reserves a right to stop driving lessons if the student is not doing required forty (40) hrs of supervised driving.
Driving hours could be canceled if weather will be bad. YDS will text or email you if a lesson is canceled due to Bad weather.
No eating, drinking (except for bottled water) and no listening to the music will be allowed at any time in a driving school car. No flip-flops.
Time cards need to be with the student for all parts of Drivers Ed course and made sure that they are signed.
WITHOUT PRINTED LEARNER'S PERMIT STUDENT WILL NOT BE PERMITIED TO DRIVE AND BE CHARGED NO SHOW FEE OF $65